HOW TO APPLY
A house is not a home without a dog
This is the place to apply for a service dog or to adopt
APPLY FOR A SERVICE DOG
Leashes of Valor service dogs are provided to eligible Veterans at no cost
In order to be eligible for a service dog you must meet all of the following criteria:
• You must be a post 9/11 Veteran
• You must have retired or been honorably discharged
• You must have a verifiable diagnosis of PTSD, TBI or MST by a licensed professional with a Masters Degree and qualified licensing.
Our Service Dog Program
Once a veteran has been matched with a dog we offer a succinct 16 day, intense, in-house service dog program, specifically developed to achieve the vital training and bonding necessary to help our new matches be successful.
Through industry experience, we know that many warriors struggle to transition to civilian life and in response to that we have developed condensed program takes this into account and that is truly life changing.
We train our new warriors as peers, in an environment in which they can feel safe and confident to address their recovery as a part of a team. This environment was designed to feel familiar and to respect military culture in a nostalgic sense so as to create a strong training platform.
The focus of training is on the team/group vs. Individual training aspect, and ensuring each warrior achieves a comfortable balance, allowing them to remain mission focused, train as part of a team.
If you are qualified and are interested in applying for a service dog please download our application here.
• Please print and complete the application in full with all supporting documentation included.
• Incomplete applications will be discarded after 30 days.
• Once the complete application packet is received, applicants will be contacted by our team directly within one week.
Mail your completed application via registered mail to:
Leashes of Valor
24114 Sparta Rd.
Milford VA 22514
ALL DOGS THAT ENTER OUR
PROGRAM RECEIVE A SECOND
CHANCE AT LIFE
ADOPT A DOG
Consider making a difference by adopting one of our rescue dogs.
Rescuing dogs is the essence of our program. We ensure these incredible dogs are given a second chance at life and most will go on to graduate as a Service Dog. However, in some instances, our shelter dogs are unable to graduate and must be adopted out of our training program to loving homes.
This happens for a variety of reasons, including:
• They do not have the temperament to become a service dog
• They may be timid, easily distracted, or unable to resist chasing the occasional squirrel
Their veterinary exams indicate they cannot complete service dog training and graduate to help our Warrior in the long term
If you are interested in adoption please contact us!